cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2550 printing on glossy paper

sophieramage
Apprentice

Hi everyone

I've been trying to set my printer so that I'm able to print on glossy paper in A4 size. But my printer won't allow me to do this as it says the size doesn't match the paper type. I have tried just using regular paper settings but when I do this the black ink smudges and I am told when set to glossy paper the black ink won't smudge. Does anyone know how I can make my printer understand that I'm using an A4 piece of glossy paper and not regular sized photo paper? Sorry if this question seems stupid.

I'm using a Pixma MG2550

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Found this elsewhere on the forum. Hope it helps.

Product Expert

Product Expert
Michael

Re: MX922 says paper tray is empty when it's not

Hello.

The printer will feed from the upper tray when a smaller size has been sent to the printer.  Check the settings in your program to make sure that the correct size has been specified before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. With a bit of fiddling I manged to get it to print on glossy photo paper but only on one side. It jammed when I tried to print on both sides! Progress of a sort.

Best regards,

Chris

iamraghu79
Apprentice

Hi Every one,

I own a Canon E3170 PIXMA 3in one inkjet printer, I was trying to set up print on a glossy A4 paper - but the machine dosn't allow to select it - when #Canon will address this issue?

Hi imraghu79!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market, and the printer you've mentioned is a model that is not supported by Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

ianjefferys
Apprentice

It would appear that the MG 2560 cannot print A4 colour prints. It is outside the settings allowed.

I spent two hours being "helped" by a sevice person from canon call centre. I came away convinced of two things...the printer cannot print colour phots using A4. and secondly the service person hadn't the necessary knowledge of the printer and wasted my time...BUT in a nice polite way without admitting the lack of real MG2560 printer specifications and abilities.

I tried setting to print for plain paper A4 (not colour photo size) and printing colour but the result was extremely washy indicating that it was actually assuming it was plain paper.

Either get used to letter sized priints or get a new printer. I will hang in with the MG2560 because it is the simplest cheapest printer scanner on the market at this date! I paid $18 AUD !!! great price..adequate printer! Using self fill colours! Can't beat it!

ianjefferys
Apprentice
Sorry..your printer is just assuming it is plain paper and dosing the A4 with plain paper quantities of colour! No cure..don't do it! get used to small prints

Ling82
Apprentice
Yeah, including canon E470, WASTE OF MONEY

gmo
Apprentice

I'm not if this will universally work, but I was able to get around this limitation by adding a "copy" of the printer. The copy of my TS 300 has a limited "printer preferences" menu where I can choose (and actually print) Letter + Glossy. I did this on windows by going to "Printer and Scanners" and connecting to my printer which was already connected.

JohnnyS
Apprentice
Don’t expect Canon to address the problem any time soon. As we all know, A4 photo paper is the most common and widely use type. I could print photos in A4 on my original old Canon, but newer versions don’t allow that.

Most people assume that a Canon will print A4 photos, so they don’t bother to check the specs. If I’d have know that, I wouldn’t have bought one - not will I do so again!

My old Canon used to have a ‘vivid photo’ option, so you didn’t have to fiddle around with the colour settings for ages to get a realistic photo. That option’s gone too, so I guess that Canon is managing to keep its prices low by doing away with A4 photo printing and useful features like ‘vivid photo’.

Epson anyone?

No problem using Linux OS ! I just printed on A4 sheet and glossy paper  Smiley Happy

Announcements