cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2550 printing on glossy paper

sophieramage
Apprentice

Hi everyone

I've been trying to set my printer so that I'm able to print on glossy paper in A4 size. But my printer won't allow me to do this as it says the size doesn't match the paper type. I have tried just using regular paper settings but when I do this the black ink smudges and I am told when set to glossy paper the black ink won't smudge. Does anyone know how I can make my printer understand that I'm using an A4 piece of glossy paper and not regular sized photo paper? Sorry if this question seems stupid.

I'm using a Pixma MG2550

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

fodder5
Contributor

I had this problem with a Pixma MG2450. Canon support told me that my printer did Not support printing photos on A4 glossy paper.

My solution was to load photo glossy paper, then set the printer to A4 Plain paper and document, click print.

The machine printed a photograph on photo glossy paper.

Are u really give this a stupid solution of this simple problem ??? Don't feel bad, but if u want to print photos in A4 gloossy paper, you must select the paper glossy, but that stupid machine making engineer (CANON MG2570S) do not know that A4 glossy paper exist in the market. He sets the machine in such a way that machine only feed 4*7 & 5*7  photo glossy paper,if u want to print a photo in A4 glossy paper, the stupid machine indicates wrong paper (paper select in glossy) with an **bleep** error code. Again if u want to print photos in A4 gloosy paper, you must select the plain paper then photo will be print, resulting lowest & lowest photo quality output. when the machine feed 4*7 & 5*7 photo glossy paper, the photo output is execellent comparing to A4 gloosy paper. lastly i have to say one thing   the stupid machine name CANON MG2570S doesn't support support A4 gloosy paper.

HAs anyone found a way around this limitation? WHY can't it print a large glossy paper. Will canon provide a driver patch or update to allow this?

The kicker is that some of these models used to be able to do this. The only work around I've found is setting up a copy of the printer. This only works for a limited time though -- seems like the software catches on and forces you back to small photo sized paper.

Brilliant! Hilarious that this worked. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to work out the problem with my photo print quality. Tried your suggestion, and worked perfectly! Thank you.

I have a canon ts3150 and have tried the plain paper for A4 photo but I get lines on it this is the first printer that I have had that won't print A4 photos.When selling printers canon should state that the printer will not print A4 photos Jim

chrisainsworth6
Apprentice

I have an MG6853 that will not print on glossy photo paper. It thinks the tray is empty. I have tried setting as plain paper but to no avail. Any ideas please?

Sorry Chris, I have no idea. I suggest you contact Canon Support on that one.

Thanks for your swift reply. However still waiting to hear from Canon Support.

Announcements