cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing in black and white

heaney
Contributor

I have a Pixma MX452. I am running macOS Sierra on a Mac desktop.

How do I print in black and white? Whenever the printer page comes up when I want to print, there is no option for black and white.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.07.11 AM.png

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi heaney,

Please click HERE for steps on how to set black and white printing on your Mac.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This does not work for me. My print command window does not have the same options. I managed to find "grayscale printing" and it was turned off, but I cannot figure out how to turn it on.

1.png2.png3.png5.png6.png

I don't know whether its the Canon or the Mac, but this seems overly complicated just to print in black and white.

Hi heaney,

Since the qualify & media option is not showing in your picture, I recommend checking the printer driver. Please open your system preferences and then select printer and scanners.

From that screen, select the MX450 series printer on the left side and press the minus button to remove the printer. Once the printer and any copies of it are removed, click the + button and select add a new printer. This will open the add printer window.

If you have the printer setup wirelessly, then two options will appear in this window MX450 series Bonjour and MX450 series IJ Network. Make sure you select the one with IJ Network. If you have the printer connected via a USB cord it will appear as MX450 series USB.

Once the printer is added back on, please try to print again and let us know if the Quality and Media option is still missing.

We look forward to your reply.

That did not work.

when I choose to print a document, this is the box that pops up.....

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.02.45 PM.png

By selecting the "Presets" drop down menu, and selecting "show presets", I can get to a menu that has a "quality and media" option....

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.07.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.08.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.09.53 PM.png

But, even by selecting "Grayscale Printing", there is no way I can find to change the setting from off.

Hi heaney,

Click on the preview box below orientation and let us know if anything appears in the drop down menu or if preview is the only option.

We look forward to your reply.

yes. If I do that, I can get a "Quality and Media" option. When I click that, then a Gray scale box appears. Thank you.

Announcements