cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing checks

Johnt1
Apprentice

I have a MX920 that we've been pretty happy with. However lately it won't print checks or mailing labels. It prints regular documents fine. Print preview shows the characters that should print but they don't. I've dowmloaded new driver, ran QB troubleshooter, and changed fonts. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Johnt1 wrote:

However lately it won't print checks or mailing labels. It prints regular documents fine. Print preview shows the characters that should print but they don't. 

Greetings John,

"However lately"...  Does this mean it worked previously.  And now nothing prints (blank checks, blank labels)?

Prints but the fields don't line up on the labels or checks?

Are these single sheet checks, 3 per page (example Letter or 8x10) and are they compatible with QB?  Pretty standard now a days but not all work. 

What application are you printing labels from?

What settings are you using in the printer driver?  papter type, size, etc,  Want to help, but need more information.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, thanks for the reply. I solved it by doing more reading and set paper to glossy photo paper. apparently the big blk ink is plugged. after doing several deep cleanings the test sheet comes out sporatic for the big blk. I'll probably try the head cleaning advice on other threads.  Thanks again!

John,

Glad you figured it out.

Thanks!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements