cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2220 won't detect new full print cartridge

jewelsa
Apprentice

I replaced both the color (241) and black (240XL) ink cartriges in my pixma mg2220. Now it shows full color ink, and low black ink still. I have tried reinstalling the black twice, but it still shows low. It does seem to print ok though. Ideas?

35 REPLIES 35

Well EUREKA !!

Having purchased a replacement to use the same cartridges my Pixma 3650 was put aside .  Checked occasionally by switching on for a few minutes I was reluctant to throw it out.  The new printer came up with the 'not recognized' error so I decided to pop the cartridges back into the old printer.  AND ... it's now working!  Having lain unused it has decided it has had enough of neglect.   So - don't depair.  Your Canon will probably correct itself a few months after you've purchased a new one.  Fortunately my new printer is also OK now with new cartridges.  

I am having an issue with the MG5420.  Why do we need to go through a list of 30 steps to get a new printer ink cartridge to be recognized?  Shouldn't we just be able to put it into the printer?  This is very frustrating.  I know have no ink in my printer, and I don't have time to try to troubleshoot every time I need to install ink.

Is there a fast way to make this work?  I bought Canon ink, the exact same ink that comes with the printer.  It's not working.

Your suggestion WORKED!!!! I did as you suggested. I removed all the ink then turned the power cord off, waited and turned it on then opened the lever and closed it to print and it worked!!! Now it prints!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

I have tried everything they say to do. I printer won't detect my new ink cartridge.  I would rather buy a new printer, this one is only a few months old, then go through this.

lots of info nothing works.

I have pixam ts3112 printer.

can anyone help me?

thanks carolyne

Carolyne I suggest you keep removing all the ink then remove the power cord off from the machine itself and wait a couple of minutes before you attach the power cord back to the printer then turn it on and open the lever to place the ink and close it to print something. I too was about to order a new Printer since I work from home but after a couple of times of doing these SAME steps it FINALLY worked!!!! If you decide to order a new printer don't discard the one you currently own since it might work in a week. 

I have the same problem, I have 2 Canon printers, the first one, NO LONGER PRINTING, and I purchased a new one MX 492. My problem right now is my printer- black ink is empty and replaced a new one and installed properly (both the color and the black) However, the screen always said "the ink cartridge is not properly installed". I did check everything and its properly installed.

Hi Braveheart1220.

Please open the cover to your PIXMA MX492 and remove both ink cartridges.

What is all of the text on each ink cartridge?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No sorry did not work for me at all.  My printer is canon pixma TS150.  I was stupid enough to buy a compatible cartridge ( with canon inscribed on the back) to save money. But it SHOULD work!

kbrad205
Apprentice

installed 950 &951 and now I can't print....pls help

white84
Apprentice

I am having similar issues with my MG2920. I replaced the black ink (while it was low, but prior to running out completely). It will not register the new cartridge. I have taken out the black cartridge and unplugged to preform the reset. When the start up is complete the black ink light keeps blinking. I tried holdin Stop for 10 seconds, now both the Black Ink and Power lights are flashing at the same time.

Announcements