cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer recommendation to replace PIXMA MG6220

ruskies99
Apprentice

I love my PIXMA MG6220, but it has decided that printing blue correctly is no longer in the cards, and the MG6220 is no longer available.  In looking into a replacement and comparing a lot of the specs, I have not found a comparable model that has the same print resolution and scan resolution (9600x2400 color print, and 4800x4800 scan).  Can someone tell me if these high resolutions are only in high-end models now or or has technology changed such that higher resolutions are not needed for good quality photo printing or is there another factor I need to consider?  Can someone recommend a replacement model (<$150) that is good for printing photos, as well as everyday printing?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi ruskies99,

Specifications have come down a bit as ink droplets and the pitch between them have decreased.  Also, our current scanning specs list only optical resolution, rather than interpolated.  The TS6120 is very similar to the MG6220, and I think you'll find printing performance to be comparable.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements