cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 printer not printing black

traciflome
Apprentice

My pixma MX922 is not printing black text.  It will print color.  I have changed my ink, cleaned it and shut it on and off.  Thoughts?

95 REPLIES 95

JlBuchanan
Apprentice

I'm having the same problems as the others...no printing black in 'some' but not all documents.  Photos print fine as well as web pages.  However, spreadsheets and .PDF documents do not...they only print the color text.  If I print the same document on my laser printer all text shows-up just fine.  I have completly removed the printer driver, did a registry scan, did a hard re-boot and re-installed the latest driver that I just downloaded from the Canon web site.  Please advise the fix.  Thanks!

after much fuss and gnashing of teeth, the cheapest solution I found was to buy a new printer.

I found the solution in my case.  When you print out a nozzel check pattern make sure there are a total of nine (9) line items: one that shows PGBK black that has lines at the top, three shades of cyan, three shades of megenta, one shade of yellow and one black (BK).  I had the BK and the other colors and so I thought all was good.  But I later noticed that I was missing the top BGBK with the lines.  I changed that cartridge and shazam!  All is well now.  Hope this help others.

All the best...JB

In my case, second new canon print head, brand new canon cartridge from Office Depot. I had to use a ink syringe to force ink through the pgbk it never would prime on it's own. Next printer will be the one from another manufacturer that has only 4 color inks with refillable reservoirs on the side/outside right. Years of canon printers and the support blaming it on everything else.

goodbye canon.

How did you work the priming.

Keith23
Apprentice

I have the samer problem one way that works for me is to set it to print glossy it works perfest then but I still do not know why it won't print black as plain paper

calgarykim
Apprentice

Hi there, I have followed all the instructions, but still having problems with my mx922.

The test print looks exactly the same, except I'm not getting the first black pattern at the top.  I get all the C variations; the M variations; the Y block and the BK block.  Just not the very top pattern.

I have changed all the ink (very costly); I have done cleaning; alignment, etc. still nothing.

What else can I do?  

My printer will not print black!

Kim

Did you find an answer to your problem?  Mine just started doing the same thing - and of course I just purchased new ink cartridges, so I'll be out that amount if the problem isn't solved. 

Same problem here with MG5420. Tried cleaning printhead, replacing with NEW printhead, replacing with new OEM cartridge. Still no black text from PGBK cartridge. Color inks print fine. Workaround setting for something other than plain paper also works, but that is NOT a solution. After a deep cleaning, I can sometimes get a very faint nozzle check pattern.  When I do a second one, however, I get no PGBK output at all.

I really wish Canon would weigh in and let us know what the likely problem is and what can be done to fix it, short of buying a new printer with a 10% "loyalty" discount. I don't want a new printer; I want the one I have to work properly.

Canon has to know the common cause for most of these failures. It might be something easily remedied. If so, let us know what it is. If not, shame on Canon for continuing so long to sell products with a known defect, and not taking action to correct it.

Hello.

If the printing issues persist after cleanings have been performed, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements