cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 printer not printing black

traciflome
Apprentice

My pixma MX922 is not printing black text.  It will print color.  I have changed my ink, cleaned it and shut it on and off.  Thoughts?

95 REPLIES 95

Thank you, Patrick.  You gave some helpful answers in the earlier part of this thread.  I did contact live tech support way back during the period when I was posting about the problem.  The person I spoke to said the MP830 is no longer supported and so there was nothing Canon could do for me.  They did offer me a certificate good for a discount on a new printer, but I decided not to go that route.

I still have the MP830 but I just don't print black & white on it.  I have a small laser printer for that.

I appreciate your kind suggestions.

My print out didn't have the black top part of the print out.

I have had the same porblem with my MX922. I changed an almost full cartridge, ran the cleanings and it seemed to work. But for only awhile. I tried the go arounds which worked but that is not a solution to the problem. So I will keep it for photos and buy another brand. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, I will try the same thing and have a feeling all printers are the same, nothing seems to last as long as it use to.  Very inconvenient!!  

Hi--

I've been experiencing this purple issue as well. I had success by printing in grayscale. (If you want to see real levels of despair, check out the threads here on how to print in grayscale.) I've got an MX922, and the way I get grayscale is to try to print a document, which brings up a print box. The rest of this is via Mac OS; might be slightly different if you have Windows. In the print box, the third pulldown menu from the top says "copies and pages"; if I pull down that menu, one of the options is "quality and media." Select "quality and media," and check the checkbox at the bottom which says "grayscale." Then go back to the main print box, and the second pulldown menu has to do with presets; you can pull down to the option "save current option as preset," which you can name "grayscale"--or whatever. That way, when you get the print box in the future, you have a grayscale preset. 

Anyway, forcing grayscale solved the purple problem for me (at least for black-and-white documents, don't know what I'll get if I try printing in color, thank goodness I don't need that very often); I hope it works for you. Good luck!

I also have a MX922 with no black pigment printing, but all of the dye ink prints well.

Is there a way to turn off the black pigment ink so that the printer no longer tries to use that ink?

I had this same problem.

The pigment black does not work.

In the global printer setting, I set the print quality to High.

This bypassed the pigment black and now uses the dye black for all black printing.

It has worked for me for quite some time now.

amenchac11

Thanks for the solution! Plagued with the same problem for several days now with my ix6560 printer. 

Still hoping to get the pigment black cartridge going in some manner. I do hope 'Canon Expert' is going to offer some do-it-yourself solution other than what is already there in the help manual. 

My tests didn't have the black ink on them so I'm assuming that is where the problem lies. either the new ink I installed is malfunctioning or something is wrong with my computer. What's your take on it?

did all this. still printing other colors where black should be.
Announcements