cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 printer not printing black

traciflome
Apprentice

My pixma MX922 is not printing black text.  It will print color.  I have changed my ink, cleaned it and shut it on and off.  Thoughts?

95 REPLIES 95

Wow, you are somewhat of a genius to have figured this out. Canon tech support obviously couldn't. My printer is the Canon iX6820. Your solution works, but it's just a work-around, it's not a fix. Canon, how about a fix for this? I have two new black cartridges that cost me what, maybe $30, that I'll have to throw in the trash unless you can tell me how to fix it. 

And another gripe, Canon, why can't you make all your printers to use the same cartridges? Every time I buy a new printer, I have to throw away from $100 to $150 worth of cartridges because I can't find a new printer that uses what I have.

Maybe I won't buy a Canon next time..... or are they all like that. I'll have to check that out.

Anyhow, amenchaca11, thank you so much for figuring this out and for sharing on this forum.

Sandra

I also started having the pink printing issue when copying a black and white document on my MX922. Tried all the cleaning suggestions, switching ink cartridges and the test pages showed it should be working properly. Then I went in to the print settings and changed it to plain paper, high print quality and BOOM, got a perfect black and white copy!! Maybe dumb luck but give it a try, you might get lucky too!

I have the same problem with my MX942. I can't print black but it can photocopy with black. 

After many attempts to fix, I think I found the problem with my Pixma922 not printing black.

I was using an off-brand cartridge in the PGBK slot.  IT was extra-wide and labelled C-PG1255XXLBLK.  After I replaced that with a narrower cartridge, PGBK, the printer began to print again in black-and -white.

Canon tech support was not much help.

Thank you, Ramona.  I filled out the email form and sent it.  By the way, I ran a "Cleaning" and another "Deep Cleaning" just now to see if there was any improvement.  Same result--PGBK prints totally blank on the nozzle test pattern.

One other thing to tell you is that I bought this printer in August of 2006.  I'm not sure how long these units are expected to last.  Everything has worked beautifully until now.

I don't see the "Accept as Solution" button mentioned in your response.  Where do I find that so I can click it?

Russ

I am having the same problem with a brand new print head I got from Canon just today.  My old printhead prints the pgbk pattern with some missing segments but not an entire line in any direction but the colors have non-firing pins and bad print and gray barely prints at all.  The new printhead all the colors are perfect no black grid pattern at all.  I can put the old head in and it still works the same and then insert the new and it as well performs the same, no PGBK grid pattern at all and perfect colors.  I have already emptied brand new magenta and cyan cartridges performing cleanings and deep cleanings.  Due to the disclaimer I got when I purchased the printhead I saw verbiage to the effect that due to the fact that I had made the diagnosis there is limited recourse.

I am a level 3 intelligent data management support analyst at Dell.  I have a well developed skill set in technical troubleshooting.  Matter of fact in my early years after college I actually worked on printers of all types.  What can we do to get this printer/printhead issue corrected.  Thank you,  Ken

Ramona. I just bought this printer (afeter owning dozens over the decades) only a few months ago and have only printed a bout 100 color prints....now the black does not print correctly and looks like there is no solution. I will NOT be extorted any more. cannon better contact me and at least try to help me fix this over the phone. If we can't get it to work...the I want another one. I am LIVID! I tried to call [phone number removed] but no one answers. Jess [personal phone number removed per forum guidelines]

Hi, Jessgold!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you can call our US-based tech support team weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  You can also click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Jessgold,

If you have not contacted Canon by using the number provided by Danny, please let us know what is the model number of your printer. Once we have that information we can start troubleshooting the issue.

We look forward to your reply.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Russ,

It sounds like the printhead may be clogged in your PIXMA MP830.  It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to diagnose what is causing your PIXMA MP830 to not print black and if your PIXMA MP830 requires service, provide you with your service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements