cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer in error status but prints anyway on windows 10

astuart
Apprentice

I am using windows 10 on a dell desktop and when i try to print I get an error it can't print the document and shows the error status in the queue but it will print anyway. This is not a serious issue but can it be corrected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi astuart,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MX922 should resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start Menu button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

2.  Click on Control Panel.

3.  Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.

4.  Click on the Canon MX920 series MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.

5.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.

Once uninstalled, we will make sure that it has been removed:

1.  Click on the Windows Start Menu button in the lower left hand corner and then the Windows System folder.

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  If there are any Canon MX920 series printers in this window, place the cursor over it, press the right mouse button and then click the left mouse button on Remove Device.

5.  Repeat this until all Canon MX920s have been removed.

6.  Restart the computer once complete.

To reinstall your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "enter a model" box and click GO.

3.  Click on Drivers & Downloads.

4.  Click the Select button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click [mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe].  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Porcha
Rising Star

Hello astuart

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone.

sorry I thought i addedthe model.  It is a mx922.

Hi astuart,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what the error is and if the printer is connected wirelessly or with a usb cord.

We look forward to your reply.

Please note that if this is a time sensitive matter, please click HERE to open the support page for you printer and then select the chat box to speak with one of our tech support representatives in real time.

astuart
Apprentice
Setup wirelessly with static IP address. The error I get is an error occurred and can't print the document but continues to print with error in status.

Hi astuart,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MX922 should resolve this issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

3.  Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.

4.  Click on the Canon MX920 series MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.

5.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.

Once uninstalled, we will make sure that it has been removed:

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  If there are any Canon MX920 series printers in this window, place the cursor over it, press the right mouse button and then click the left mouse button on Remove Device.

5.  Repeat this until all Canon MX920s have been removed.

6.  Restart the computer once complete.

To reinstall your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "enter a model" box and click GO.

3.  Click on Drivers & Downloads.

4.  Click the Select button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click [mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe].  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This worked for me. no more error. thanks!

Announcements