cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print spooler

donsjewelry
Apprentice

I tried to print this morning and everything says my print spooler is off.  I tried everything to restart it and it won't work.  I tried uninstalling my printer, but it won't even do that without the print spooler running.  Help

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, donsjewelry!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using and which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have windows and a canon ts9521c printer

The missing piece of information...

What happen when you try to start the Print Spooler in Services?

If it fails to start or run, there should be an entry in the event viewer as to why.

Does the user profile you are logging in with have Administrator permissions?

Have your tried logging in as a different user, and performing the same actions?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi donsjewelry,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter r and then let both go.

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type SERVICES.MSC and click OK.

3.  In the list on the right side, please scroll down to Print Spooler and double click it.

4.  Click the Start button to start that service.

Attempt to print.  If you are unable to start the service, you may have security software disabling it.  Please refer to the help file in that softawre to allow the service.

spooler.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed the instructions for starting my spooler, although, it already had a message that it WAS RUNNING, i clicked on start anyway, and it would not finish since it was alreading running. I have windows 10 -64bit using canon TS9120 printer.  I'm stuck with a NEW printer that won't print. Any other suggestions. When I call the canon help line, I keep getting message I'm not registered, but I am. Don't know how to get a live person, OR fix the spooler since it seems to be already running. HELP PLEASE!!!

Announcements