cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print spooler not running or found

geronimo999
Apprentice

I cannot install my cannon printer either with a Usb cable hooked  up or wirelesly The error message is that the print spooler is not running.  It claims the print spooler can't br found or is missing. I never heard of such a problem Could some please help with this problem. I restarted the printer.and rebooted the computer with no luck.I am at a loss with this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Geronimo999!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you have and the operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

a Pix ma 280 running on Win 8.1

fixed under Services/print spooler

geronimo999
Apprentice
Ok

geronimo999
Apprentice
Windows 8.1 is the operating system on a a Toshiba L55-B5276 Running an amd a5 processer.
.Print spooler not found or running is the error message and will not let me add cannon MG6320 all in one Cannon printer to the Toshiba L55 laptop.

Ramona
Authority

Hi geronimo999,

You will want to ensure that the print spooler is running on your computer to try and resolve the issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. From the main Windows 8.1 screen, start typing "Services". In the app results that appear, click on the "Services" option.

2. In the Services window that appears, please scroll down in the list until you find PRINT SPOOLER (the items should be in alphabetical order), then double-click on it.

3. On the GENERAL tab, make sure that the following items are selected:

3-1. STARTUP TYPE should be set to AUTOMATIC. If manual or disabled is selected, please click in the drop-down box and select AUTOMATIC.

3-2. SERVICE STATUS should be set to STARTED. If it is not, please click on the START button to start the service, then click the APPLY button at the bottom of the window to apply the changes.

4. Click the OK button to close out of the window, then close the COMPUTER MANAGEMENT window.

Please try to print again. If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

fixed it
Announcements