cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx892

kycanon67
Apprentice

how do I uninstall printer software for pixma mx892 from my laptop?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi kycanon67!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums and thanks for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Laptop is Toshiba satellite L775

Windows 7 home premium

wireless connection

when I go into programs to uninstall/remove screen, I am not sure which executible to click.

I want to uninstall the software cleanly.  The old printer died.  Thanks

Ramona
Authority

Hi kycanon67,

To remove the drivers for the PIXMA MX892, please follow the steps located .  To uninstall the MP Navigator software used with the printer, please follow these steps:

1. Close any open software applications, including the MP Navigator EX and virus checkers.

2. Click 'Start' on the taskbar, point to (All) Programs, Canon Utilities, and MP Navigator EX folder, then click 'MP Navigator EX Uninstall'.

3. At the confirmation dialog box, click 'OK' to remove the components.

4. Click 'Finish'.

You would also follow the above steps to uninstall any other software associated with the printer that is listed under the Canon Utilities folder.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements