cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx330 ONLY top lines on page are distorted

aashomlo
Apprentice

Only the top quarter of the black ink printed page is effected with horizontal white partial distortion on some lines. I can still read the text, but some of the lines are partly smeared with a thin horizontal unprinted portion. It seems to be a clogged nozzle/head, but then the distortion should show on the entire page, not just one area, so I am confused. Any suggestion on what I am dealing with?

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi aashomlo,

Please try cleaning the encoder.  To do this, please follow the steps outlined in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109145

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I didn't detect any grease or dirt on the timing strip. This video gives better instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyzVcbog3TU
What else can I do?

Hi aashomlo,

If the issue persists, even after cleaning the encoder, your PIXMA MX330 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

My printer was barely used. In fact, the problem appeared after going on vacation and not using it for 4-6 months. I changed the ink catridge, performed all the cleaning and alignments provided with the driver, but the white smear on text persists. I don't feel I got my investment back from it. What sort of discount I can expect on a new printer, is it at least 50% of the retail price?

There are also instructions found online on cleaning the print head. Why didn't you suggest to do that?

Announcements