cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mp990 not copying. prints fine from computer,scans slides, but copy function yields blank page

mzpurple
Apprentice

my printer is working fine and prints stuff sent from my windows 10 computer. However, just today, I tried to copy a page on the flatbed, and it didn't print a thing.  I did a preview function and the doc was there, but the printout then yielded a blank page.  is there some setting that is off?  One of the print tanks was empty and I replaced that. Nothing else seems wrong. What to do. I would like to copy some documents..help help!

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, mzpurple!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

James_C

Hi mzpurple                     

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-221M
CLI-221BK
CLI-221GY
PGI-220PGBK
CLI-221C
CLI-221Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MP990 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4.  Press <OK> on Nozzle Check Pattern.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this email.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Maintenance.

4.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements