cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mg5420 software.......

flybynyte
Contributor

i just switched from the windows xp system to a mac. as many of you know, laptop does not come with optical drive. is there a way to download the software to my mac without using the canon disc that came with the printer?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi flybynyte,

The drivers and software for the PIXMA MG5420 compatible with your Mac can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  The following link will take you to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG5420:

PIXMA MG5420 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that your operating system type is selected correctly in the OPERATING SYSTEM field.  If it is not, please select your operating system from the drop-down field. 

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click on the CUPS file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear. 

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once you have downloaded and installed the CUPS drivers from the website, please follow the steps above to also download the other items in the RECOMMENDED FOR YOU section.  Please also follow the steps above to downoad the ICA drivers from the DRIVERS section of the page, and the software for the printer from the SOFTWARE section. 

If you plan on using the printer wirelessly, please ensure that the Canon IJ Network Tool is the last item installed after all other drivers and software; if you do not plan on using the printer wirelessly, the Canon IJ Network Tool does not need to be installed.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements