cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma does not recognize new ink cartrige

windmill9
Apprentice

Blue ink ran out. Bought new canon cart. Printer could not recognize new cart. (Thought new cart might be damaged not working) bought new cart from expensive Amazon site. New blue cart not recognized by printer. 

Borrowed 1/2 used blue cart from a friend - it worked fine!!!!

What is happening here?  Printer just  sits flashing 4 orange sequence.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@windmill9 wrote:

Blue ink ran out. Bought new canon cart. Printer could not recognize new cart. (Thought new cart might be damaged not working) bought new cart from expensive Amazon site. New blue cart not recognized by printer. 

Borrowed 1/2 used blue cart from a friend - it worked fine!!!!

What is happening here?  Printer just  sits flashing 4 orange sequence.

Old cartridge works, but new ones do not.  Hmm.  Make sure that you removed all of the shipping packaging???  Weird.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes all packaging is off.  We have two canons; and run 8 to 10 new cartriges a year - and have not had problems before

Hi There.

I have a Canon MX726 ALL IN 1 printer  THAT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE NEW BLUE CARTRIDGE OR THE OLD BLUE CARTRIDGE.

Is there anyone out there that knows why this is happening and how to fix the problem.  Not impressed Canon.

Hi, ROWLES!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, and while we understand your frustration, we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Just replaced ink cartridges with the very same kind of cartridges in my Canon MX870. Received error message for Magenta and Cyan that the cartridges are not recognized. I did a deep clean. I swabbed the connections lightly to clean. No luck.

I experiemented to determine if the new cartridges were somehow a problem or if it was the slots in the printer for the ink.

If I put the old M an Cy in the appropriate slots, they are recognized (but alas are out of ink).  But cartridges that are recognized in other slots (here, I moved the Y cartridge) are not recognized in the M and Cy slots. And, the new M and Cy cartridges, when placed in the Y or Bk slots, ARE recognized.

So ... the old cartridges work in the M and Cy slots, which suggests the new cartridges have a problem. Yet, if I put the new cartridges in other slots, they are recognized, and cartridges in other slots (Y, Bk) recognized in their normal slots are not recognized in the M and Cy slots, which suggests a problem with the slots!

Help

Hi donnmein,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, I can tell you it isn't your imagination. I am having the same problem. But after reading the manual i think i know why the error won't go away. did you remove the ink caridge from your printer and leave it out by chance? after reading the manual it says to not remove the cartridge and leave it out as it can cause permanent damage to the printer, that is the dumbest thing i ever read. I removed the cartridge and sat it on top of the printer as a reminder that i need to replace it, i shopped around for cartridges and walmart was out, i went by walgreens to see if they would refill the ink and was advised they do not do that anymore, amazon wanted $30 for a ink cartridge and i watched a youtube video about refilling your existing cartridge it was brought to light that the black ink needs replacing every 50 pages and is only half full, i felt confident refilling my existing cartridge as i have done technical things in the past and proceeded to buy the BCH refill kit for $15 boasting an average savings of $200 with enough ink to fill cartridge 6 times over i was impressed by the savings. I was excited i received the kit today, i followed the tutorial and bored a hole in the top of the cartridge as instructed (removing PG-243 label), then put 7 tiny pumps of ink, replaced label and angled the catridge pushing and snapping it into place as instructed, and the gosh **bleep** lamp is blinking 4 times. now this worthless printer is not recognizing neither the color or the black ink, my guess is because i removed the cartridge and left it out for about a week, who would of known that that would interefere with the print process once the catridge is replaced. i will spend more money on an hp next time, that is what i get for buying a cheap piece of crap printer for $35. Community, if i am missing something, please help me out, as i have tried turning off the printer unplugging, removing cartridge powering back on and re-installing catridges and that did not make a difference. 

Spoiler

Announcements