cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma TS9120 Black Bar On Scans Not There On Copies

Frank_G
Apprentice

Hello,

Subject says it all.  Whether from panel or through Windows 10 or through macOS10.14 produces the black bar running vertically through the scanned document. Copying does not produce this black bar.  I have updated the software, drivers, etc. in both operating systems. I have reset the printer back to factory defaults.  This just started about a month ago. Really like the quality of printing photos and documents. This only being over a year old should and rarely used is unacceptable.

Any help that can be provided is much appreciated.

Take care,

Frank

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi Frank_G.

Try wiping down the printer's scanning bed; if the protective plastic film hasn't been removed, pull it off.

From your description, more likely than not, you may need to call in for support, and arrange for the printer to be replaced.  If the TS9120 was purchased in the U.S., phone-based support is available at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).  If you're outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon and its contact information through the Canon Global map.

Update: Upon further review of your comment, you mention that the bar does not occur when copying.  Were you making color copies, or black and white copies?  If you made a black and white copy, try instead making a color copy to see if it produces the same black strip.  If the black line does not appear on either black and white or color copies, then the problem is more likely to be either in a low connection between the printer and computer, or in software used on the computer.  Let me know what program you're using to scan, and provide an example of the black vertical bar through the scan results.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Darius

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried copying and scanning in both black and white and color, pdf or jpg. Same results. Copying no issues. Scanning black bar.

Software Win10(x64) - Canon IJ Scan Utility 1.4.0.16 from file mpnp-win-TS9100-1_02-ea34_2.exe

Software MacOS 10.14 - Canon IJ Scan Utility 3.2.1

Signal Strength of Wifi - 80%

Link Quality - 90%

Current firmware up to date - V1.130oE-o-I3a

Scanned document results:

IMG_20191201_0002.jpg

Thanks,

Frank

Hello Frank_G.

Thank you for the example.  It looks like the data is being cut-off mid-scan.  This might be caused by security software on the computer, or restrictions on the router.  As a test, load something on the platen.  On the Windows 10 computer, open the IJ Scan Utility, then click on ScanGear.  In ScanGear, click on Preview.  Does the black bar appear there?

With the same original, on the Mac OS computer, open Image Capture (found in the Applications folder).  Ensure the "TS9100 series" is selected, then scan or preview the image.

Does the preview on Winodws 10 have the black bar?  Does the Image Capture show the same black bar?

Edit: Also, if possible, try scanning through a USB cord to each computer, and let me know if the USB connection experiences the same problem.

I look forward to your response.

Hello Darius,

Thanks for the help.  Sorry for such a long delay.  I have been traveling for the past couple of months.

Windows 10 preview displays the exact same results.

MacOS Image Capture displays the exact same results.

USB displays the exact same results.

Do I have to call to see if I can get some sort of reimbursement?

Take care,

Frank

Hi Frank_G,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements