cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma MP620 not printing in black

eunos
Apprentice

Hi, i have a pixma MP620 and it will not print a simple word document although it goes through all the motions.  I have printed a test page which is fine with the exception of the test for the PGBK cartridge - nothing.

I am not getting any error messages and all the cartridge lights are on and steady.  I have taken the print head out and cleaned everything and also run a deep cleanse which took ink from the PGBK cartridge but didn't print anything.  Is it as simple as replacing the print head and if so wouldn't there be an error message?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

ps all the other colour inks work fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Lruthday
Apprentice
Changed ink all colors and no longer prints. MP620 printed well before ink change.

Hi Lruthday,

Since the printer was printing fine prior to the ink change, please remove the recently installed ink tanks and print head from the printer, then reseat them in the printer, ensuring that all tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink tanks.  Once this has been performed, if the ink still does not print, please follow the steps located at the link below to perform at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print:

Print Head Cleaning

Print Head Deep Cleaning

If the ink still does not print after performing the cleanings, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona
Authority

Hi eunos,

When inks do not print, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print.  If the ink still does not print, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements