cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 495 not printing

ralatcanon
Contributor

My Canon Pixma MP495 was working well until the ink began to run out and the print got dim. I installed new print cartridges, black C-210XL 211XL Color. Now when I try to print I just get indecipherable error messages. Pressing the start black button, which normally would do a copy, now just gives alternating "E", "1", backwards "E" and the amber "color ink" light is winking. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ralatcanon,

The E 1 3 error indicates that the remaining ink level cannot be detected.

The function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled since the ink level cannot be correctly detected. If you want to continue printing without this function, press the machine's Stop (Reset) button for at least 5 seconds.

Canon recommends to use new genuine Canon ink cartridges in order to obtain optimum quality.

Please be advised that Canon shall not be liable for any malfunction or trouble caused by continuation of printing under the ink out condition.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements