cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper jam (error) 1312. .

RPFISH17
Apprentice

I had a paper jam  (error 1312).  Cleared paper jam a ran a number of copies and got another paper jam message.  Follwed all directions but can not find any paper jam.  Still getting error message 1312.  How do i reset printer to get rid of message so i can print.

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Hi Rpfish17!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer and Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks

RPFISH17
Apprentice
Canon MX922 printer. Using Microsoft Vista.

Ramona
Authority

Hi RPFISH17,

Since you have already verified that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for five minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the paper jam error is no longer displayed, please try performing a roller cleaning on the printer by following the steps located here.

If you still experience the paper jam error after performing at least three roller cleanings, or if you are unable to perform the cleanings due to the error, please try cleaning the encoder timing strip of the printer by following the steps located here.  If you still experience the error, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The link provided in the sentence below: please try cleaning the encoder timing strip of the printer by following the steps located here.

for me is no longer functional. Is this information available at another address?

I am getting a paper jam in the rear output, but there is no paper jam. Cannot clean rollers because the error is preventing any other activity.

[The links in the earlier post and in this one have been updated and are now functional.]

stantonjbond
Apprentice

Same problem here.

Hi stantonjbond,

In regards to the 1312 error, please follow the steps in the On Line Manual to clear it:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX920%20series/EN/ERR/1312.html#wp1412483

As for the encoder cleaning, please follow the steps outline in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

I have this same issue. Apparently it seems quite common, but there's an issue with your advice.

If having ensured that the paper jam (if there ever was one) has been cleared we are to follow the steps in the second link, but if that fails - as it has with my printer - what then?

I'm running Windows 10 and an MX922 which continues to report 1312 even though I've ensured there is no paper at all in the printer.

Found a solution. Apparently a couple of index cards had fed through far enough into the machine to be impossible to see.

Anyone else running into this issue might like to try the location at https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/I-fixed-my-persistent-1311-error-pa... which worked for us.

Announcements