Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

odd pattern of missing lines in print head test

Scan-0001.jpg

This is a print head test pattern from a Pixma MG5520. The top half of every other column of PGBK is missing lines. The other colors were OK. The stuff in the Cyan color print test is just from gunk on the glass of the scanner bed. I already tried removing the print head and checking the connectors. There was no gunk in the connectors. I tried having the printer run the head cleaning procedure a few times. Still I get this pattern of missing lines in the print head test pattern. Is this print head no good now?

Product Expert

Re: odd pattern of missing lines in print head test

Hi PicFlip,

Since you have already performed multiple deep cleanings on the printer and the black ink still is not printing correctly, please perform a print head alignment on the unit by following the steps located HERE.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.