cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise and ink

ccandreae
Apprentice

About 30s after using it the printer (most printers probably) starts a noisy whirring process lasting another 30s, perhaps some cleaning operation. Apart from being rather irritating is it using up a lot of (expensive) ink in the process? I get the impression that the amount of ink I use is more a function of the number of times the printer is used than the amount of paper passing through it.

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Chris!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

printer model is MG7150 but I imagine it is not the only one that makes a lot of noise...

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

Thank you for replying. I suspect however that 'whirring and clicking' are a feature of a lot of printers including those in the US!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ccandreae wrote:

About 30s after using it the printer (most printers probably) starts a noisy whirring process lasting another 30s, perhaps some cleaning operation. Apart from being rather irritating is it using up a lot of (expensive) ink in the process? I get the impression that the amount of ink I use is more a function of the number of times the printer is used than the amount of paper passing through it.

Chris

@Chris,

When I hear people make these types of statements or comparisons, I often think the following;

They are a candidate of a laser printer (instead of inkjet)

and

It might be less expensive for you to take pictures to a printing service instead of owning an inkjet for occassional or infrequent use.  

Consider laser.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The printer whirrs and clicks after every printing session whether it is pictures that are being printed or not. What it thinks it is doing I cannot imagine.
Announcements