cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly bought canon pixma MX922 and got error code 5100.Help wanted to fix the problem.

k2sonam
Apprentice

I just bought a new Canon Pixma MX922 and in the process of setting the printer. I got an error message of 5100 and it says to follow the following steps:

1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off.

2. Remove any foreign objects from the paper output slot, rear side and inside of the device.

3. Make dure that the ink tanks or ink catridges are installed correctly.

4. Turn off the device on again.

If problem presists, see the manual and contact the service  center.

can you please help me out.

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi k2sonam,

To ensure that no foreign objects are located inside of the printer, please follow the steps located here.  To ensure that the ink tanks are installed correctly, please follow the steps located here.  If you still receive the error, cleaning the encoder film of the printer by following these steps may help.  

If you still receive the error after following the above recommendations, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists, the printer will require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance and to obtain your servicing options if needed.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What does it mean if you see error "Foreign" on this printer? Thanks.

Announcements