cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new printer and Photoshop

tweety
Apprentice

Just bought a Pixma MX922 and photoshop will not see it! I keep getting a message that I need to install a printer to print. The printer works in other programs, is set as default  but it WILL NOT work in Photoshop and I am tearing my hair out. I probably have about a thousand  photoshop files and I desperately need to fix this!

If you google "photoshop can't see new printer" a ton of other stuff comes up. It is not specific to Canon printers, they will not help me with it, I called them... I see lots of other people having this same problem with other brands also, but I am really hoping that someone here has had this problem and can help me.

I have tried lots of fixes I found online, but none work (creating a new photoshop profile, etc.)

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, Photoshop CS4.

I would sure be interested to see if anyone has had this problem and what they did to fix it!

3 REPLIES 3

SPCcreative
Apprentice

I agree completely and have been frustrated ever since I got this printer.  

I don't want a new image organization system.  I"m happy with where everything is in photogshop and lightroom.    It's as if scanned images don't exist on my computer when I look for them through any program other than image garden -- and I"d rather do my OWN image editing in photoshop.

Sometimes I manage to save the image in a second folder, but only by poking around so much that then I never remember what I did the last time.  Why is it so hard to just scan an image and then save it into another folder so that it can be worked on.

Did you ever get any answers to your question?  I don't see them here.

No, I never got any answers and after finding out that the fax won't work on this printer unless I have my answering machine in my office hooked DIRECTLEY to the printer, I took it back anyway. But this Photoshop thing has happened on 2 different printers I have tried... Canon & Brother. It is a common problem out there and I think I will have to suck it up and go back to HP printers because so far these other brands are not cutting it for me.

Let me know if you find an answer for the Photoshop problem as I am out of town for awhile and planning on buying ANOTHER printer when I get home... I have always used HP, but was trying to break away from their ridicuoulous ink prices, but I give up. If Photoshop works with a new HP printer, I'll let you know!

I had always used the Epson printers very successfully, and the only reason I didn't get another was because I thought the paper feed was flimsy. I like being able to print on a disc, which was why I got this one. I think I"ll be going back to Epson once my ink cartriges are empty.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements