cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon mx892 will not print because of error U052.

markmarn
Apprentice

our canon mx892 will not print due to error U052.  i followed all of the suggested steps for this problem related to an MX700 but it did not correct the problem. now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have replaced the printhead, following your instructions, several times but the error message still occurs and will not let me even use the menu button.  The red light on the "M" ink cartridge blinks slowly instead of staying on solid.  By the way, your instructions left out a step:  remove all the ink cartridges before lifting the print head lock lever.  

This error message came on as i was using the printer to print and i had not removed the print head or replaced any cartridges.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

g_lazz
Apprentice

None of these fixes worked...  performed all the troubleshooting methods recommended and the same error message still displays, performed other Google searches for the problem with no success. I removed the print head and re-inserted it thinking it could be a sensor that was misaligned...   Is there way to re-boot this machine?

bareessentials
Apprentice

I purchased my printer less than 2 years ago and the U052 error just appeared one day about 1 month ago.  I have been doing research to see how I can clear it.  I have purchased new ink, tried to reboot and now I'm on this site to see what others are doing.  Any suggestions that works to remove the error and restore the printer to working condition will be greatly appreciated.

Hi bareessentials,

If removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head, as well as resetting the printer do not resolve the error, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MarkHarris
Apprentice

Same thing.  Less than 10 months old MX892.  Not happy.  Not an accident either.  There is no reson this error should be occurring on so many many different printers.  I need a voucher.

I just have the same problem with the same printer. Only had printer for 2 years. I havee tried everything i could. I cleaned it and it came one for a second and that error message came right back. My husband has the MX5220 i sure hope he don't have the same problem.

g_lazz
Apprentice

THIS UNFORTUNATELY IS A FAILED PROCESS, NOTHING WORKS, I VENTUALLY TOOK MY PRINTER TO A CANON AUTHORIZED REPAIR AND PAID $200 TO GET IT FIXED; BECAUSE THE UNIT WAS OLDER THAN 2 YEARS CANON BASICALLY SAID SORRY... I PUT THE $$ INTO IT BECAUSE IT DOES THINGS THAT NEW PRINTERS DON'T DO AND I HAD A LOT OF EXPENSIVE INK THAT WOULD HAVE GONE TO WASTE.  SO EITHER TRASH IT OR BUY A NEW PRINT HEAD!

There are a few class action lawsuits about this matter, if you're interested in suing.

I have also read that the problem is not with the printhead, but with the circuitry inside the printer that connects to the printhead.

Good Info. Thanx. At Least SOMEBODY has some info. other than what canon or non-techies know... Not that the non techies info wasnt good too...

Thank You... B

Good info. Hey, Whats this about a class action lawsuit ? 

SusanVera
Apprentice

I just called Canon Technical Sevice and Kareem in Virginia gave me these instructions:

1. Turn off the printer

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet

3. Unplug the power cord from the printer

4. Wait 3 minutes (This is supposed to clear the error message.)

5. Plug back into machine and wall outlet

6. Turn the printer on.

It didn't fix my printer's problem and I was advised to take it to a local electronics repair shop that works on printers. Kareem said replacing the print head may not work and then you'd be out the cost of the print head. Gah!! I use this for my business and will likely lose business because of now not having the fax operational. 

My MX892 is about 1-1/2 years old, I keep a log of when I change ink cartridges and the last change was in Feb. 2015.

I think I remember having a paper jam about a week or so ago that I just reached in and pulled the paper forward through where the printed paper comes out. Kareem said that may have been the cause and to clear a paper jam, you should always try turning off the machine and then restarting. Or open it up (where??) to free the jammed paper.

I've used Canon printers for years. My PIXMA iP4200 required a new print head after many, many years of use (and it still prints great), but having a problem this soon with a 3 in 1 is very disappointing.

Announcements