07-07-2017 07:31 AM
Chromebooks use Google Cloud Print to print with available printers.
First, your PIXMA MG2922 needs to be connected to your wireless network. The easiest way to do this is to install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your smartphone or tablet. If you are using an Android phone, please visit Google Play and if you are using an iOS device (an iPhone or iPad) please visit Apple's iTunes to download and install this app.
Once Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY is installed, please use this app to connect your PIXMA MG2922 to your network:
1. Turn your PIXMA MG2922 off, wait 5 minutes and then turn your PIXMA MG2922 back on.
2. Hold down the WiFi button on your PIXMA MG2922 for 2 amber flashes. The blue WiFi light will start to flash.
3. On your smartphone or tablet, please open your network connections and connect to the Canon_ij_setup network.
4. On your smartphone or tablet, please open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
5. Select the printer icon in the upper left hand corner of the app.
6. Select Register Printer.
7. Select Printer Setup.
8. Select OK.
9. Choose Select Conn. Method.
10. Choose Select via Wireless Router (recommended).
11. Select the SSID of your wireless network.
12. Enter in your wireless network password.
13. Tap OK when Sent the Settings appears.
Your PIXMA MG2923 is now connected to your wireless network.
To set it up for use with Google Cloud Print, please follow these steps:
1. Check that the printer is turned on.
2. Load one sheet of A4 size or Letter size plain paper.
3. Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp blinks 15 times, then release the button. Printing of the network setup information starts.
4. Open the web browser of your Chromebook. In the address entry box of the browser, enter the text that you see on the printout in the "IPv4 IP Address" line.
Entering Username and Administrator's Password.
- Username: ADMIN
- Password: canon
5. The Remote UI starts and the top window is displayed.
6. Select "Google Cloud Print setup" and then "Register with Google Cloud Print".
7. When the confirmation screen to register the printer is displayed, select Yes.
8. In the print setup for Google Cloud Print, select the display language, and then select Authentication.
9. The log-in page for Google Cloud Print will open in the web browser. Enter your account information you prepared in the step Preparing the items required, and click Sign in.
10. The printer confirmation page will be displayed. Click the button to complete registration of the printer.
11. In the Remote UI, confirm that "Registration with Google cloud Print completed" is displayed, and select OK.
Your PIXMA MG2922 is now properly registered to Google Cloud Print.
To print using Google Cloud Print, please follow these steps:
1. Confirm that the printer is turned on.
2. On your Chromebook, start the application supporting Google Cloud Print such as Chrome Browser, Gmail, and Docs. IMPORTANT - For the latest application software supporting Google Cloud Print, check the Google Cloud Print home page.
3. In the application software, tap the wrench icon or the pull-down menu , and select Google Cloud Print.
4. Select the registered printer.
5. Select Print.
The procedures for printing will vary according to the application software or the servicing.
Depending on the communication conditions, it may take a long time until printing starts, or the print data may not be received by the printer.
When an error occurs in the printer ("no paper," etc.), the printer may stop during printing.
Before resuming printing, check the printer conditions.
REFERENCE - About print settings:
When a paper type other than Plain Paper is selected, or when a paper size other than A4, Letter, B5, and A5 is selected, printing is done on one side of paper even if double-sided printing is selected.
When the plain paper is selected, or when B5 or A5 size is selected, printing is done with borders (white margins) even if borderless printing is selected.
Depending on the print data, the printout may look different from the data themselves.
In some devices, print settings cannot be made when sending print data using Google Cloud Print.