Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

my Pixma MX470 shows error check in 1686 Col. How do we fix this?

My Pixma MX470 show error-Check Ink 1686 Col.

We have checked both the color and the black ink.  It still will not fax or print.

Please help.

Wanda

Product Expert

Re: my Pixma MX470 shows error check in 1686 Col. How do we fix this?

Hi wandasf,

The 1686 error indicates that your color ink cartridge may have run out of ink.  If you would like to continue printing or faxing until you are able to replace the ink cartridge in the unit, you can disable the ink level detection function of the printer by pressing and holding down the STOP/RESET button the printer for at least 5 seconds, then releasing it.  Once the ink cartridge is replaced with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.