cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my MX922 only prints the first few lines of any document or image i send to the printer

betsydowns
Apprentice

my MX922 only prints the first few lines of any document or image i send to the printer.  This problem happens with PDF, word, excel, all programs.  My husband has a laptop on the same network, and when he sends documents to the printer, they print fine.  I can email something I want to print and he can print it.  When I try to print it, I only get 4 or 6 lines.  I have tried reinstalling the driver and turning the printer and my laptop off and on, but the problem continues.

thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, betsydowns!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on the computer that's tied to the printing problem (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, Danny,

I'm on Windows 7.  My Husband is also on Windows 7 and things print fine from his computer.  When I first got the MX922 in early December, 2015, it printed fine.  Then, it printed on the first few lines sometimes, but sometimes printed fine.  Now, it always prints only a few lines then stops.

Hello.

Since you are able to print consistently from a different computer, there may be an issue with your current system that is affecting communication.

Try temporarily disabling any firewall or anti-spyware programs to see if this helps.  If the issue persists and your computer is connected via Wi-Fi, try moving the computer closer to your router improve the signal.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements