cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 scan error 2,157,50

bbqyoung
Apprentice

My scanner used to work till yesterday.  Now when I try to scan, document is on the scanner, click scan from the cannon quick menu (as before), and it wakes up the printer/scanner, and seems to start scanning.  Then after several long minutes (longer than before), it gives me the error:  2,157,50.

I've restarted the printer several times, restarted the PC (OS- MS Vista), and restarted the network.

The printer prints fine, both airprint from iOS devices and the PC.

The scanner doesn't seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I downloaded the driver again, reiinstalled, didn't work.

I turned off firewall...and it works!

Now I have to disable the firewall every time I want to scan, but at least it works!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

bbqyoung
Apprentice

I tried again, and now got 2,140,200

Printer in use or error.

I am not printing or using the printer during the attempted scan.

Bummers, I'm still getting the original error: 2,157,50

I did all the suggestions you recommended, changed ink cartridge, cleared any existing print jobs (there weren't any, and have reinstalled the print driver (which I'll do again).

Still cannot scan....same error code.

Now I have to disable the firewall every time I want to scan, but at least it works!

@bbqyoung wrote:

Go into your firewall settings and allow access to your Canon scanner software.  May have been blocked due to an update!?!

Created a MAC filtering rule in router/2wire that allows traffic from scanner T5120 pixma

To avoid having to turn on/off your firewall every time, go into your firewall settings and allow access to the Canon IJ Print Utility app and the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool. You may have to browse to find and add these to your list. Search under OS/Program Files/Canon.

Does not work

Baloney

kpolite336
Apprentice
any update when this doesn't work?
Announcements