cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 scan error 2,157,50

bbqyoung
Apprentice

My scanner used to work till yesterday.  Now when I try to scan, document is on the scanner, click scan from the cannon quick menu (as before), and it wakes up the printer/scanner, and seems to start scanning.  Then after several long minutes (longer than before), it gives me the error:  2,157,50.

I've restarted the printer several times, restarted the PC (OS- MS Vista), and restarted the network.

The printer prints fine, both airprint from iOS devices and the PC.

The scanner doesn't seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I downloaded the driver again, reiinstalled, didn't work.

I turned off firewall...and it works!

Now I have to disable the firewall every time I want to scan, but at least it works!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

alm260
Contributor

There is no need to go out and buy a new printer.  You can go into the settings of Windows 10 and search for Printers and Scanners and use the software there to scan.  At least it worked for me. 

I FINALLY figured out what my issue was and that was my MP Navigator software was completely gone from my computer.  The only thing I can think of that could have caused this was my latest Windows update.  I'm sure Microsoft would deny that was the issue.  But at least mine is working now!

Jonatas
Apprentice

I have a Canon TS3151 and I managed to solve it as follows:

- I'm a Win10 user;
- When scanning error: 2,157.50;
- I accessed the path: Control Panel \ System and Security \ Windows Defender Firewall \ Allowed applications
- Click on Change configuration and permit other applications.
- I accessed the path C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Canon \ Quick Menu and applied the file: "CNQMMAIN.EXE" and OK.
- After this procedure the problem did not occur again.

So I have this same issue.  I turned off my Firewall (McAfee) and it worked, but then the next time I went to scan, it didn't work again.  It works off and on.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It's getting very frustrating. MX922 printer on Windows 10.  It prints just fine from some computers.  The Printer is in the same room as the Wifi Router (I am printing wirelessly).  

Thank you so much for these instructions. My scanner hasn't worked for months and now it does!

duddly
Contributor

None of this malarkey works

duddly
Contributor

Does not solve

Thanks for joining the conversation, duddly!  As this thread is pretty old, it might be best to start a new thread pertaining to your specific printer and the problem you're encountering.  To start a new conversation, click here and then click the red button that says "Start a Conversation."

Hope to help you soon!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements