cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

edu8or
Apprentice

For Macs:

1. After sending a file to Print, Click <Page Setup...> on Print page 

2. Select <Page attributes> on Page setup page

3. In Paper Size select <US Letter> 

Worked for me. Frustrating for sure. Good luck

This is most probably a driver issue, nothing to do with paper size or type. I have been on several forums and Canon reps do not know the answer. At least for Macs, changing printer drivers to Gutenprint drivers solves the issue. The drivers should be installed first, then the printer should be removed and added again in the printer preference pane. But then one needs to choose CUPS-Gutenprint rather than Canon driver.

On my Mac running 10.11.3 the 2-year old printer showed code 1007 (upper cassette empty).

This worked for me!!  Thank you very much!!

Thank you for this reply.  Simply following these instructions fixed my error notice.  I didn't have to change the settings, it was all correct and obviously a glitch in the Canon software (it was printing fine a few hours ago, and the error notice came out of nowehre).

Racole
Apprentice

I have the same problem everyone else has here. Why won't Canon support (who monitor this site) explain how to fix the problem? I mean - DUH!

Change the printer drivers, it works. Download and install either new Canon driver or Gutenprint.

I've tried all above 'fixes'. None worked for me every time.
I removed the upper tray altogether. Everything works just fine.
Have not gotten the Upper Tray alert at all since then. Prints fine every time. Put Upper Tray in as needed.

Thanks for your reply. I tried it and it didn't work unfortunately.

I've absolutely had it with Canon printers. Every time I print a page it's a time consuming adventure, normally with a bad outcome. Plus I've down loaded a "new" driver 3 times now. Canon support sites should include a tab for "Non Canon printers we recommend for when you're sick of ours".

jhcanon
Apprentice

I finall found a way to print from iPhone photo album.  

1. Selec the picture(s) you want to print.

2. Select "Save PDF to iBooks"

3. Print

Hope this helps.

Worked great, set up an account just to say: thanks!

Announcements