cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

I just talked with Canon customer support and they were surprisingly helpful and knowledgable (and not an overseas team!). The rep quickly knew what the issue was and he was right. 

I tried printing an email from GMail and, even though I selected pages that had only text from the body of the email, a part of that chain included a PDF. He mentioned to me that the printer recognizes PDFs as pictures and that will tell the printer to print using the upper tray. As soon as I tried printing the single email, rather than the chain, it worked just fine. 

Hope that helps at least one of you... 

How did they fix your issue?

I am having this same problem trying to print from an Ipad.  I have paper in lower tray.  That's where I want to print from.  How do I do this?

I' trying to print from an iMac using Text Edit.

This is not an iphone or mac problem.  It's a canon printer problem that's been going on for awhile. I tried to print from my Windows 10 computer and have the same problem.  In the driver on Windows 10 there is much more information available about the printer driver and the settings.  It is set to plain paper and the size is 8.5X11.  The lower cassette is chosen as an option.  Still get the error code saying no paper in lower tray.  There is plenty of paper in the lower tray and it's been adjusted several times.  Time for Canon to admit it's their problem and fix it.

You provide no helpful information.

You, Cannon, claim your product is compatible with Apple/Macintosh. Not completely. What you are saying that Apple  iPad and phone users are required to download another app or product to be able to select paper drawer from which you want to print from.

That's not compatible.

I found your phone system to be annoying and again insufficient information is offered

trying to gain entry into your forum is tedious.

not happy as I am trying to print a download from my bank, needed today, not happening. Kind of like me considering  purchasing another Cannon product.

psullivan
Apprentice

I've had my mx922 printer for several months. Wireless and wired printing worked fine. All of a sudden I too am getting the message that there is no paper in the upper tray. I have selected letter size paper and plain paper as the default, but it won't print from the lower cassette wirelessly. It will print from the lower cassette using the scan print feature or from my wired MAC desktop computer. Is there a virus corruption? Tried turning it off and on - no change. There doesn't seem to be any manual way of telling the printer which cassette to use. Putting 4x6 photo paper in the upper tray, results in it printing from the upper tray, even though the document is letter size and letter size plain paper is selected as the default. Frustrating.

I have the same exact problem. Poor design! I want to throw it into the trash!!!

error code 1007

psullivan
Apprentice

Tried reinstalling printer software, restarting iMac Desktop and printer. Still won't print wirelessly from the lower tray.

Announcements