cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

bought the printer, than got this error message. Decided to contact with the technician for help and they told me I need to give them 5 dollars deposit, I would never buy the product produced by this company again!

Hi, Sir-J!

Are you sure you contacted Canon USA? Our technicians don't charge you at all for their support. Feel free to call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays from 10 AM to 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We can also help you 24/7 via email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail

Again, all our support is free.

We look forward to talking to you!

Michael,

I did install the Gutenprint drivers and that fixed the problem. This is a Canon issue, not a user one.

Instead of asking people to contact your website for a problem that multiple people have had, why don't you just fix your drivers?

I have twice installed Canon's new drivers for the MX922 and I still get the error on my wife's Mac Air. I was able to successfully install the drivers on my MacBook Pro. I restarted both the computer and the printer after both installations.

this is really pathetic on Canon's part. I have spent hours on this.

I have read all these notes from people witht he same problem, but lhave not gotten any answer on how to fix it, I want to print from the lower tray, like I was always used to. But I can't find an option for that.

Hello. This definitely explained the problem. Could you explain in a little more detail how to print from your iphone on 8.5x11? What kind of program do you mean? Is there an app or a setting? Can you give an example of a program that works well with this printer and the iphone? Many times I take a screen shot of a doc and want to print it, but can't. I have to email it to myself and then wait to do it from my mac. I wish there was a setting on the panel that would let us change the paper tray. Thank you.

Absolutely solved my issue. Was not on letter. Now all my device print wirelessly and beautifully. iPhone, iPad, and both our MacBooks. Thanks.

Not working. Turning on and off doesnt work. Removing printer and rleoading doesnt work. Macbook Pro, OSX Yosemite.

I have done all of these things. How do I get the printer to default to the lower tray. This is a definite pain, and I'm not sure I would purchase another Canon printer. I'm trying to print from a Mac. I've never been able to print from my iPhone. Poor, poor design. 😞

If you are printing a regular 8x11 sized US sheet of paper on a Mac, go to your System Preferences, Printer/Scanner settings and make sure your default paper size says either Letter or 8x11.  If you're printing from a PDF, you must set it's paper size as well.  This way, the printer won't default to the upper tray.  Hope this helps. 

Announcements