cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

Greenone
Apprentice
Found a work around, you are very pissed. I understand, I was messing with one. Instead of printing from photo app save to notes, notes will print to bottom tray. Only thing I had to do because I didn’t want to mess with notes edit tool was adjust item first before you save to notes. I know how to turn item in Photo app, I was printing a map and needed it bigger. I’m using iPhone, idk if tablets are same.

Geary5000
Apprentice
You may have the photo paper sideways. Turn around the 6x4 paper so the photo paper comes all the way to back edge of the tray so the mechanism can take in the paper and also make sure that it’s upside down with the branding label of the photo paper facing up. Try that. Thank Care.

Judyj55
Apprentice
I went into my computer, found my printer settings and changed the Media Type to ‘Plain Paper’ and Paper size to 8 1/2” x 11”. If your printer still seems to be missing the point, delete the last print and start over. That helped me.

Kurt
Apprentice

We have three MX922 printers, two iphones, four iPads, two MacBooks and no PC's. What is the fix around this "upper paper tray" issue? Ninty-nine percent of our printing is with the lower paper tray. Canon does not seem to support Apple products.

It's the printer driver perhaps. Either it's outdated or from the get go not compatible with Apple products. Even other printer brands share the same issues with Canon. The problem may not be with the printer model or Canon printers. It may be Apple itself. They keep updating their OS and software apps and the new features tend not to mesh well with printer drivers, which also have their own pre-programmed compatibility standards. There are ways you can by-pass this, however, by downloading third party apps that bridge the gap between Apple and your printer driver.

Great overall, 10,000 foot view David, but the actual name of these mystery apps would be helpful. And... the mac does not have a lot of 3rd party apps that deal with printing. 

Rrfeury
Contributor
The problem is the program you are printing from.
If you copy it to “notepad” you can print to the main tray.
Hope this helps your printing from iPhone.

An override in the print driver would be nice.

Mydesign4u
Contributor
Read fix under Mydesign4u. I have all Apple products! Once you follow what I wrote you will not have the problem again.

yvonneperryh
Apprentice

I'm reposting this fix option, as it worked for me and I had to scroll down to find it.

(My printer started displaying the "Error:  No paper in upper tray" notice out of nowhere, and refused to print letter sized documents form my lower tray (which was fully loaded).

I followed the instructions below, even though I had to change NOTHING, it seemed to fix the glitch.

Good luck!

For Macs:

1. After sending a file to Print, Click <Page Setup...> on Print page 

2. Select <Page attributes> on Page setup page

3. In Paper Size select <US Letter> 

Worked for me. Frustrating for sure. Good luck

Announcements