cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

Mydesign4u
Contributor
I was able to fix the problem on the error message that says,
“Out of paper in top cassette”. Go to the App Store and download (Printershare). Once you do that, PRINT USING THAT APP! Once you have completed that, the printer automatically switches back to the bottom tray where the 8 by 11 paper is. I was then able to go back to the way I normally printed via AirPrint directly from my IPhone.
Hope that helps someone.
I’m sure any app from the App Store would help fix the problem. I used the one I noted above as it was the one I used with my prior canon (MX860) before AirPrint came out.

There is no app "Printershare" for the mac.

Mydesign4u
Contributor
See see fix above! This printer is great once you fix the issue.

Rrfeury
Contributor

You know when you have a problem like this and you say: it really shouldnt be that hard?

Well just copy it. Then open up notes. Now paste it to notes. Now print. Guess what? It prints to upper tray. Yaaa. 

Mydesign4u
Contributor
Read the fix above

Mydesign4u
Contributor
See fix above

Hatboro
Apprentice

I found a solution: I took some regular paper and using a ruler and scissors, cut it down to 5 x 7, then loaded that into the top cassette that is supposed to be for photo paper. It printed out just fine but it's a smaller print than what you are probably looking for. Another thing you can do if you just want to get past the error message is you can clear out the print job by pressing the stop button until your print jobs are clear. I don't get the error when printing out e-mails, only when trying to print out stuff that are sent from text. So I'm thinking, stuff that is sent with text is often pictures that were taken with the sender's phone camera, which is probably why the printer considers it to be a picture for the upper cassette. 

Rrfeury
Contributor
You know when you have a problem like this and you say: it really shouldnt be that hard?

Well just copy it. Then open up notes. Now paste it to notes. Now print. Guess what? It prints to upper tray. Yaaa.

maodell
Apprentice

This is not an iphone or mac problem.  It's a canon printer problem that's been going on for awhile. I tried to print from my Windows 10 computer and have the same problem.  In the driver on Windows 10 there is much more information available about the printer driver and the settings.  It is set to plain paper and the size is 8.5X11.  The lower cassette is chosen as an option.  Still get the error code saying no paper in lower tray.  There is plenty of paper in the lower tray and it's been adjusted several times.  Time for Canon to admit it's their problem and fix it.

Tobywankenobi1
Apprentice

It doesn't give you a paper size option. Why can't you just admit it's a piece of #%! Printer and design? Why can't you people design simple instructions and programs?

Announcements