cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

RockStarDrums
Apprentice

Ok...I know it's been a while since the first post about "no paper in upper tray," but I did the FIRMWARE update ON the Canon MX922 itself (under Setup) and was able to print using the bottom tray.  

I was trying to print postage via Pitney Bowes and it only try to grab from the upper tray.  After the firmware update, I got an option to choose Canon MX922 NOT just Canon MX900 series.  

Now it's working.  

narrowsme
Apprentice

How do you "tell" the MG6320 to take paper from the lower tray, not upper? 5X7 problem

jlsprof
Apprentice

I have made sure that I have the proper paper size selected for my driver and I still get the message that there is no paper in the upper tray. Have an important document and I can't print it. Help!

Ujjwal
Apprentice
So true

Ujjwal
Apprentice
Really annoying,

I am new to the forum and recently bought a Canon MX925. 

This product apperently suffers the same problem as the 922.

Often I get a message that I need to use the upper tray, which I don't want. The annoying (and incredibly stupid) behaviour that you can do only one thing: go to a shop and buy some photopaper (that I don't want to use) is really a major flaw.

Why is there no option "use other tray"? You are stuck with an error message and there's nothing you can do about it.

This is my first Canon printer and definitely my last.

awright
Apprentice

This printer is the worst printer I think I've ever used.

1. It seems to need constant drivers

2. This no paper in upper casssette issue is continual 

NO ONE USES THE UPPER CASSETTE FOR 95% of ALL PRINTING

BUILD A GOOD PRINTER ITS 2017

Best,

Ted

bbrookes219
Apprentice

I found a way around it for the Iphone. If you save your picture in i books and open up ibooks on your phone and select print it will give you print options and pring from the lower deck 🙂 

Sharimeehan
Apprentice
There is a default on the iPhone to print. When I do that I clearly see the Canon printer. There is no way to adjust the settings

Sharimeehan
Apprentice
This would also be something you can manually override on the printer itself. Where you can manually force it to pull from the bottom tray. One of your selling points for these printers Is how you can print from anywhere around your house. And as you can see from this for him it’s frustratingly impossible to do so
Announcements