cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 new port could not be created 0000

brian219
Apprentice

My mx922 won't scan now win 10 is installed. I tried installing mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe from Canon's we site, but I get an error message "new port could not be created 0000"  Anybody know where to go from here?

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi brian219,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MX922 on your Windows 10 computer will resolve this issue.

To uninstall your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps:

1.  Right click the Windows Start Menu button in the lower left hand corner and left click Control Panel.

2.  Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.

3.  Click on the Canon MX920 MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.

4.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.

5.  Click on the Canon IJ Network Tool and the click Uninstall at the top.

6.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the network tool.

7.  Click on the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the scan utility.

9.  Restart the computer once complete.

When the computer restarts, double click the file that you downloaded [mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe] to reinstall your PIXMA MX922.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrick, but your sollution does not work. Steps 3 thru 8 cannot be completed because the scan utilites can't be installed. When I try, I just get the error message "mx922 new port could not be created 0000".  This is the original problem. Thanks for your help.

Hi brian219,

Since you continue to receive the error, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Any resolution on this issue? I'm getting the same error on my mx922. Talked with Canon support and they think there's some anti-virus software or something similar blocking the PC from communicating with the printer but everything I could find was turned off/disabled and I still can't run the MP driver install. It installs the scanner portion based on the property of the device shown in the printer folder but that's it. Don't understand why it can do the scanner but not the whole multi-function package. 

Finally got the issue resolved. Ordered a copy of the Canon CD-ROM that I inadvertently threw away and was able to run the critical cnmnpu.exe utility to clean up the leftover BJ port that was causing the error. Once that was done the MP drivers install went thru cleanly.

RickG1953
Apprentice

This worked for my Pixma MP620B printer. So I have been having this problem (new port could not be created) also since I bought my new Windows 10 laptop. I don't have the install disk due to a decluttering weekend project.

First go aheaad and install all the drivers, etc. and when you get the error messaage it's time to tell your router that your printer is not connected. 

First reset the printer to factory settings, then go to router and add your printeer with the WPS pin method. Let the router find the printer and let them get connected. 

After that you should be able to see your printeer in your devices and be set up with wireless printing.

I hope this helps, good luck.

KruseLudington
Contributor

Download all the files for the printer for the (drivers and software) and put them in the same directory. Then, save all of the below text into one file called "readme 1st.txt" and save the file in the same directory. BOOM. Solved - FOR GOOD!

All downloaded from Canon USA web site <put day and date here>:

If you ever have to UNINSTALL or REINSTALL this printer, you will typically run into at least 3 issues so just do all the following steps beforehand:

1. Uninstalling from the control panel will not uninstall, all of them, they stay there!

1a. To uninstall them all, go to start menu/programs/canon, then right click on one of them - you will see the "old" add/remove programs dialog showing all the installed programs. Uninstall them all from there (one will force a reboot so make sure yoiu get rid of all of them).

2. Duplicate printer names appear (old printers are not removed so new ones
appear as (1) (2) etc.) To resolve:

2a. Right click and delete them from the print dialog box (open notepad, type
some garbage, then select "print"

2b. Scan the registry (you have to go to c:\windows\regedit.exe and right click on it and say "run as administrator") for everything "canon " (do not forget the space) and

2c. then again, for "canonbj", deleting all the orphan entries. (You will find "PrinterPorts", with names including ending in "(1)", "(2)", all kind of stuff.

3. Many times during the install you will run into "cannot create port". To resolve:

3a. Unpack the file mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe with winzip. You will find this file and just run it (this removed the ports - and reboots the computer):

<wherever you un packed the file>\mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2\LAN\CNMNPU.EXE

The install evereything below (you had just downloded them as mentioned above). Install the first one first, then the order does not matter for the rest):

Drivers:

MX920 series MP Drivers Ver1.01:

mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe

MX920 series XPS Printer Driver Ver.5.65:

xp68-win-mx920-5_65-ejs.exe

Software:

Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0: 

eppx-win-4_7_0-en.exe
  Easy-WebPrint EX Ver.1.7.0:
    ewpx-win-1_7_0-ea23.exe
  My Image Garden 3.6.4:
    mig_-win-3_6_4-ea31_2.exe
  My printer Ver.3.3.0:
    mypr-win-3_3_0-ea11_2.exe
  Quick Menu Ver.2.8.5:
    qm__-win-2_8_5-ea31_2.exe
  Speed Dial Utility Ver.1.6.0:
    sdu_-win-1_6_0-ea32_2.exe

Launch "Quick Menu" and make sure the settings in it show that it is set to start on bootup when windows starts.

Announcements