cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 incorrect print head need to use scanner anyway to get rid of error

PERMUYSR52
Apprentice

is there a way to use scanner and fax when you have a bad print head and still need to use the scanner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i HAD NOT REGISTURED THE NEW PRODUCTIT WAS JUST ADDED BUT IS 13 MONTHS OLD AND I CANT FIND RECEIPT SUPORT TOLD ME HE COULDNT BE SURE REPLACING THE PRINTHEAD WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND THAT WITH THE CODE IN THAT I COULD NOT SCAN CODE 1405 I ORDERED A NEW CANNON LASER JET BEFORE I NEW ABOUT THE PROGRAM THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PERMUYSR52,

While the error is displayed on your PIXMA MX922, you would not be able to print, fax or scan until that error is resolved.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i HAD NOT REGISTURED THE NEW PRODUCTIT WAS JUST ADDED BUT IS 13 MONTHS OLD AND I CANT FIND RECEIPT SUPORT TOLD ME HE COULDNT BE SURE REPLACING THE PRINTHEAD WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND THAT WITH THE CODE IN THAT I COULD NOT SCAN CODE 1405 I ORDERED A NEW CANNON LASER JET BEFORE I NEW ABOUT THE PROGRAM THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME

I have a similar problem. I use my MX922 almost exclusively as a scanner but just started getting a "type of print head incorrect" error message. I have not touched the print head so I don't know why it would suddenly become 'incorrect'. Regardless, I count on this device as a scanner for multi-photos on the flat bed as well as documents (single and double sided) and to date it's worked very well. I stopped using it as a printer a while back as although the colour printing was OK the black text quit working properly.

Is there an option to disable the printing (or at least bypass the print head error message) so I can use it as a scanner, or am I now shopping for another device?!?

Thanks

Grant

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements