cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 fax reports??????

alflores1975
Apprentice

My mx922 printer automatically prints out a fax report...without me asking for one. Just does it on its own. How do i stop it...please...anyone????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi pfeldman,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <MENU> button.

2.  Select Setup and press OK.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Use the up or down button to select [FAX settings], then press the <OK> button.

5.  Use the up or down button to select [Auto Print Settings], then press the <OK> button.

6.  Use the up or down button to select [TX report], then press the <OK> button.

7.  Use the up or down button to select [PRINT ERROR ONLY], then press the <OK> button.

Your PIXMA MX922 will only print a report when there is an error.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ramona
Authority

Hi alflores1975,

Does the report that you are referring to print automatically after a fax is sent, or is it a report that shows a list of multiple faxes that have been sent from the unit?  

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My MX922 prints fax reports and lost-document reports.  It sometimes gets into a mode where it just wants to print reports.  There is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop this.  Canon has designed these printers to waste as much ink as possible.

Hi pfeldman,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <MENU> button.

2.  Select Setup and press OK.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Use the up or down button to select [FAX settings], then press the <OK> button.

5.  Use the up or down button to select [Auto Print Settings], then press the <OK> button.

6.  Use the up or down button to select [TX report], then press the <OK> button.

7.  Use the up or down button to select [PRINT ERROR ONLY], then press the <OK> button.

Your PIXMA MX922 will only print a report when there is an error.

I will try these instructions.  Thanks!

BTW--The following appears at the bottom of the post: "Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well."  I don't see any "Accept as Solution" button.

Hi, pfeldman!

At the lower right corner of each reply, you should see a group of red buttons that include "Reply," "Quick Reply," and "Accept as Solution."  Just click that on the reply that provides you with the solution that worked for you, and that will help your fellow forum community members encountering the same problems to go right to the solution instead of having to hunt for it.

We hope this helps!

I see three clickable red buttons:
- a button with a + and a star
- a Reply button
- a quick reply button

There is no "Accept as solution" button.

We're not sure why that button might not be visible.  We've checked it on multiple browsers on different devices and we see it on each one.

To make it easy, we went ahead and clicked the button for you so that Patrick's reply can now be marked as the solution.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

This did not work. This thing wants to print as soon as I turn it on. It took me 20 tries to get through those steps fast enough to actually get them done before it tried printing again. Then when I did it, twice mind you it wants to send error messagam about ink needed to be replaced. I don't need ink to fax. I just need to fax something very important and shouldn't got purchase the expensive ink for printing first or over and over again. How do I get this thing to just let me fax?

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements