cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 does not print from upper tray

tfurnivall
Apprentice

My Pixma MX922 doesn't want to print from the upper tray (for small format photos, etc). It tells me disc tray was changed because of a conflict with another printer setting". However, in a supreme example of

shortsightedness it omits to tell me which one. Here are the settings I'm using:

Print One Side                      (Normally automatic duplex)

Uncollated                            (Normally collated)

Pages/Sheet Off                  (always this way)

4*6                                        Generally letter size (from lower cassette)

Glossy Photo Paper             (Not one of the Canon papers, and not regular letter paper)

DISC TRAY                          That's where I want to print from!

High Quality

I can't imagine what the conflict is, and, as I said, it doesn't tell me.

HELP!

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

jmdedham
Apprentice

Mine is doing the same thing since some stupid update

jmdedham
Apprentice

Did you get an answer?

I hoped you might be it!

Canon has dropped off my list of preferred suppliers. Worst end-user suport (ie none) I've ever seen..

Tony

Ramona
Authority

Hi tfurnivall,

When printing on 4x6 photo paper, the printer will attempt to print from the upper cassette tray instead of the disc tray.  To load the photo paper into the upper cassette tray, please follow the steps located here.

If the photo paper is loaded in the upper cassette tray as referenced above and you are still receiving a message regarding the disc tray when trying to print, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

First, I'm on a MacBook Pro using El Capitan (OSX 10.11.6).

I just want to use the upper tray whenever I choose to.

Loading special media for a limited job into the lower (plain paper) tray is stupid! It's awkward, touchy, and time consuming! What can I do?

Announcements