cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx890 will not turn on anymore

JDSTalent
Apprentice

MX890 shut down and will no longer turn on.  Have checked power cord and that is fine but cannot get printer to turn on

3 REPLIES 3

amywan
Apprentice

I have the same problem.

It was printing fine for first half od the document, then it shut off and no matter what i do... it won't turn on again. I triple check all the connections and make sure all cords are stabley attached... and it still won't turn on. What can I do to fix it???

I have just today experienced this problem, as well.

Did either of you have or find a resolution?

How frustrating!

Hi JDSTalent, amywan, and cmarswag,

If you have already verified that the power cord is securely connected to your printer, please also ensure the following to try and get the unit to power back on:

1. Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work, even if other ports on the protector do work.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer.

3. Try plugging the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible.

4. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to
power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after following the above steps, it will require servicing.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements