cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx870 will not scan to the computer Mac or windows. has been working till now. help

str8aero
Apprentice

My mx870 has been working in all modes.. It just this week will not scan to the computer at all, have tried mac and windows .. what can I do?

10 REPLIES 10

Ramona
Authority
Hi str8aero,

So we can better troubeshoot the issue, please reply with the following information:

1.  Are you using the printer wirelessly, or is it connected via USB cable?

2.  What error are you receiving or problem are you experiencing when trying to scan?

3.  What version of Mac OS or Windows do you have?

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your questions.

I am trying to scan wireless; I have always used this printer to scan and print wireless.   i am using Windows 10.  

When I try to scan from the printer or the MP Navigator on screen, I see an error box:

"Scan Gear

An error has occurred. Turn the device off then back on, 

Scanner driver will be closed.

Code 2,250,200 "

DanSD
Apprentice

I also have this issue. Scanned with Navigator up until last week. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

I am getting a message to turn printer on, connect LAN ect,. I tried installing / reinstalling. Update driver, Checked to see if only 1 driver in the TWAIN folder.  I am now at a loss.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Click Start and open Programs/All Programs.

2.  Go to Canon IJ Network Utilities.

3.  Go to Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

4.  Open the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility.

Once this has been done, a small scanner icon should appear near your clock on the bottom corner of the screen.

Next, follow these steps:

1.  Open the MP Navigator on your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2.  Click Preferences.

3.  In the Product dropdown menu, select the Network version of the printer.

4.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the MP Navigator to test the connection.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, Perhaps this is my problem, I don't have the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility as a program. However, before I responded to your advise, I searched the Canon site and did not find a driver or software to download (different then I already have) . - Jumping ahead to the end of your instructions, I do have the network serious printer MX870 listed. I'm not sure if that is mute since I do not have the utility.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

This did not fix my scanner issue.

I followed the steps you suggested.  The correct printer was already selected under preferences. I reselected it, tried to scan and got the same error message.

Thank you for your help.

I spoke to 2 technicians at Canon yesterday, one more helpful than the other.  She mentioned others had issues with the scanner and Windows 10 and that it appears to be in the marrying of the software.  I will call Canon again.

I am connecting to the printer but it appears there is a printer problem. Whether I insert for the tray or place it on pad,  I see it trying to scan but the feed on the printer seems not to be working. I've tried cleaning the rollers, moving the tab up and down that holds the paper in place, but I can't seem to figure out why the printer itself will not scan. 

Software appears not to be an issue as it is connecting to the printer. 

Hello kpolite336!

If you're using the most up-to-date software from our site (HERE), and you're still having problems, we'd suggest reaching out to our US-based technical support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for live, one-on-one troubleshooting. Our team is available from 10am to 10pm (ET) weekdays. Support is always free at Canon USA. 

Announcements