cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx860 won't print. printer not responding using usb cable.

hrycajr
Apprentice

MX860 was working fine.  Now any attempt to print from any pc, either wirelessly or even using high-speed USB cable results in "printer not responding" error message.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

ispbasra
Contributor

What is the system used in the computer
Please see the system in order to help you

ispbasra,

Thank you for your reply. I tried using two different high-speed usb cables to connect to three different computers.  Two are Windows PCs (one is running XP, the other is running Windows 7 Home Professional, Version 6.1, Build 7600).  The other computer is a MacBook Pro running OSX, version 10.9.5.  All three were previously able to print via usb.

BTW, are you really in Iraq?  

Yes my friend I am from Iraq and I work in the field of sale and maintenance of printers canon inkjet only five years ago

Now first of all clear the software for printers that are on your computer
I mean that you delete programs and printers
Now unplug all printers that you have from your computer
Restart the computer
Now Put your installation disk in the drive

Or download the installation program for the printer from Canon site
On the following link
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0100004630/01/md86-win-mx860-1_03-ea24.exe

Do not you connect the printer to ask you after the program installation so ................

After connecting the printer to complete the installation and the final outcome please tell us if you need any photo caption or any question about your information please kindly asking
Said to provide information to you
Thank you

Ramona
Authority

Hi hrycajr,

Are there any messages or error codes that are displaying on the printer?  Is the printer currently low or out of ink?

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ablidy
Apprentice

have same error

Announcements