Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. Scanner issues.

mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. It worked great with Vista, but I just finally upgraded ... and now ....

Three Scanner problems:

Although I tell it I want a document, it scans everything as pictures (TIF). The only choices are TIF, JPG, BMP and PNG.

It won't scan using the printer buttons, only through typing commands via control panel.

Also, when I use the document feeder, it brings everything through as one doc, and then my email program tells me a doc of 4 pages is too big to send. How do I scan multiple pages and then break them down into several docs?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. Scanner issues.

Hi Mm4,

Canon has not released Windows 10 drivers for the PIXMA MX860.  You may try using the Windows 8 drivers, but please note, this is not supported and would be performed at your own risk.

For further questions, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. Scanner issues.

[ Edited ]

It wouldn't accept the 8 drivers when I tried to download them, so this doesn't help me one bit.

Wouldn't take 7 either.

I'm looking for work-arounds .... and why does it treat everything as a photo when I tell it that it's a document?