cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. Scanner issues.

Mm4
Apprentice

mx860 series all in one on Windows 10. It worked great with Vista, but I just finally upgraded ... and now ....

Three Scanner problems:

Although I tell it I want a document, it scans everything as pictures (TIF). The only choices are TIF, JPG, BMP and PNG.

It won't scan using the printer buttons, only through typing commands via control panel.

Also, when I use the document feeder, it brings everything through as one doc, and then my email program tells me a doc of 4 pages is too big to send. How do I scan multiple pages and then break them down into several docs?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mm4,

Canon has not released Windows 10 drivers for the PIXMA MX860.  You may try using the Windows 8 drivers, but please note, this is not supported and would be performed at your own risk.

For further questions, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It wouldn't accept the 8 drivers when I tried to download them, so this doesn't help me one bit.

Wouldn't take 7 either.

I'm looking for work-arounds .... and why does it treat everything as a photo when I tell it that it's a document?

Announcements