cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx710 will not open the scanner window Mac OS10.8.5

rx7race
Contributor

I have tried restarting both machines, I am able to print but when I go to scan a document I get a blank scanner window .

See attached screen shot below.  It worked a week ago.....

Mac  OS10.8.5 not using wifi using USB.

Any ideas??

Thank you!

canon mx710.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rx7race.

To scan with the unit, please use our MP Navigator program. 

First, we recommend that you install the latest drivers and MP Navigator from our website.  Please visit the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx712#Dr...

Once there, choose 'OSX v10.8' in the operating system menu.  Then download the MX710 Series Mini Master Setup and MP Navigator EX items from the listing. 

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

THANK YOU THAT FIXED IT!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rx7race.

To scan with the unit, please use our MP Navigator program. 

First, we recommend that you install the latest drivers and MP Navigator from our website.  Please visit the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx712#Dr...

Once there, choose 'OSX v10.8' in the operating system menu.  Then download the MX710 Series Mini Master Setup and MP Navigator EX items from the listing. 

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU THAT FIXED IT!!

Announcements