cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx300 wont print photo on glossy paper

jmc0475
Contributor
I can print normal stuff like pdf documents on plain paper. When I try to print a photo on glossy paper (4x6), the photo paper loads and you can hear the printhead working but the paper comes out blank. I run through the menu and adjust all the settings for photo printing, etc on printrr and adjust settings on Canon print manager on pc but I get blanks. Why??? BTW, the ink levels are good.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jmc0475,

Are you able to make a copy with 4x6 paper? This will let us know if there is a hardware or software issue going on. Please make a color 4x6 copy directly from the printer and let us know if it was able to print.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jmc0475,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer. We will also need to know what program you are using to print the photo.

We look forward to your reply.

jmc0475
Contributor
Hi, I have Win 7 - 64 bit

Hi jmc0475,

I would open devices and printers on your computer and then remove the printer. Once the printer is removed, please HERE to download the MX300 series MP Driver Ver. 1.01.

Once the driver is reinstalled, please try to print the photo again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jmc0475
Contributor
I bought this printer used the other day so I dont know its history. I downloaded the drivers for the printer off the Canon Support site. I later saw there is an update to the driver and downloaded it - I haven't installed that update yet. I also downloaded other software pertaining to the MX300 but havent installed any of it. I usually try to print straight from Photoshop. On Photoshop, under File, there is an option to 'print one copy'. I selected that and the printer did in fact print one copy on a glossy 4x6 paper but only the bottom left side of the glossy was printed on. I didnt set the print options before I printed the photo, thats why the image was cropped. So, I set the proper settings to print on glossy 4x6 and now I get nothing. I thought that maybe knowing the whole story might be helpful and I hope it makes sense. I will try what you suggested and will post the outcome. Thanks for the response.

jmc0475
Contributor
I uninstalled driver, then reinstalled driver (mx300swin64101ej) without the update installed. I also reset all data on the printer. I then printed a pdf document on 8.5x11 plain paper with no problems. Next, I set the paper size to 4x6 and media type to 'glossy' on printer. I opened a jpeg image to print. I made sure the paper size and media type was correct on computer and selected print.The paper loaded and you can hear the printer printing, but the glossy comes out blank. Any help would be much appreciated because I got this printer to mainly print photos.

Hi jmc0475,

Are you able to make a copy with 4x6 paper? This will let us know if there is a hardware or software issue going on. Please make a color 4x6 copy directly from the printer and let us know if it was able to print.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

jmc0475
Contributor
Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't tried to print on plain 4x6 paper. I ran out of color and black ink printing other material (on plain 8.5x11 paper) the other day and had to order more. USPS tracking says my ink will be here Friday (01-25). As soon as I get it I'll try printing on 4x6 & 5x7 plain paper. I will post the results.

jmc0475
Contributor
Ok, I replaced the ink cartridges today and now the printer is printing photos on glossy paper. I think the color ink cartridge that came with the printer had a lot lower ink level than I originally thought. However, the warning 'color ink low' was displayed, not 'color ink out'. Anyways, its printing now after replacing cartidges.

jmc0475
Contributor
I appreciate your help.
Announcements