cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 scanner issue: message set pc to start pacanning

KrisGriff
Apprentice

I've looked through some of the suggestions for this issue. Nothing has seemed to work so far. i'm using windows 7 pro and when I try to scan directly from the  printer it reads the same message that all of you mentioned.  After investigating a bit, when i open the Canon Quick menu all the options of the scanner are not even listed here...as if it doesn't recognize a scanner at all.  I have no trouble printing just scanning. Oh and my printer is hooked up to the computer via a usb connection directly.  I also tried to install the reccommended software from Canon again mx920 series and when it was trying install it said it didn't detect a printer....???? I'm bafflled. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi KrisGriff,

Since the printer was not detected during reinstallation, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on  your computer and then attempt to install the printer again, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being deteted during installation.  If you have another USB cable that you can use to connect the printer, we recommend trying that as well, as sometimes USB cables lose their effectiveness over time, and may cause intermittent connectivity issues.  Please be sure to also have the USB cable plugged directly into a USB port on the back of your computer, instead of via a USB hub or other device connected to the computer.  If you still experience difficulty with the printer or scanner being detected, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi KrisGriff,

Since the printer was not detected during reinstallation, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on  your computer and then attempt to install the printer again, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being deteted during installation.  If you have another USB cable that you can use to connect the printer, we recommend trying that as well, as sometimes USB cables lose their effectiveness over time, and may cause intermittent connectivity issues.  Please be sure to also have the USB cable plugged directly into a USB port on the back of your computer, instead of via a USB hub or other device connected to the computer.  If you still experience difficulty with the printer or scanner being detected, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Ramona,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I disabled my firewall while downloading the software and setting up the printer again and that fixed the problem. Thanks again!!!

Announcements