cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 892 ink usage

dsillik
Apprentice

I have discussed this with canon support a few months ago. I bought three of these all with the same problem. Ink, ink ink. I use 5 to 7 times the ink I should be using maybe as much as 10 times. I am qualified to say this because of my past experience with printers, over 25 years as a user and I worked on different printers (IBM laser and high speed daisy wheel) 25 years ago while working downtown Los Angles so trust me when I say it uses gobs of ink. I have used oem as well as generic ink tanks. Is there any news on what is causing this problem. I have it set to print the fastest, in grayscale only. I have never in my life seen a company use up my ink the way you folks have. Using up all my other black in as well as my colors, just to print in grayscale, honestly now, this is the weakest excuse I have ever heard of to use VAST amounts of ink. please tell me you have a fix for this or are you just going to wait unit all time runs out. Thanks for your time. By the way, I had purchased 3 of these, I kept one and gave 2 of them to 2 different friends. Of course rather than contact you, they told me.

1 REPLY 1

dsillik
Apprentice

i'm just updating my own post. i just "ran out" of ink again, this time it's the black used for greyscale (the big tank). upon removing it, it felt real heavy and it still had a lot of in on the little round area the ink is sucked from. this cartridge is nowhere near empty so, at least to me this is a software or firmwhare problem.

Announcements